Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Where I'm From

I noticed many of my peers posted their poems on their blogs; I know personally I enjoyed listening to the poems in class, so I thought I would post mine as well.


I am from weekends at Grandma's

sleepovers, phone calls, and dollar store trips,

swimming in the summer beside our pink brick.

I am from Barbie's and playing house,

cake for breakfast and pizza for dinner.

I am from hugs and kisses,

unconditional love and support-

Dream big and follow your wishes.

Never being afraid to fall down,

knowing I will always get help back up.

A big brother watches over me,

keeping me out of trouble and sometimes getting me in it.

I am from being their little princess

and getting spoiled rotten,

twenty pairs of shoes and still not finished.

I am from a place where I know I can always return;

A big black dog greets me at the door,

There is nothing I would change-

Nothing I could possibly want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment